Friday

Research and Preparation

Before creating my music video there was a lot of research I had to do before starting it.
Firstly I needed to find the song I wanted to use, so I listened to my iPod and tried to picture how I could make a video to the song I was listening to.

The first song that I thought about producing a video for was 'Crazy' by Gnarles Barkley. I spent some time researching other videos that he had made to try and get some inspiration. I drew up an initial storyboard for my version of the video and also put together some film clips for the initial research.

These are my ideas for Crazy






However, after spending time on that particular song I felt the song choice limited my video production choices.

I then spent time trying to find another song and finally decided on 'I haven't met you yet' by Michael Buble. I chose this song because it was a song that I liked at the time and I could picture how I wanted my video to work. The next step was seeking permission to use the song for my video so I wrote to the institution that were responsible for the record contract asking permission to use the song.

Now that i had chosen a song, I wanted to look at some of the same artist's recent videos; I wanted to do this so that I could get a good idea of what sort of video would go well with the genre of music. I also looked at other artist of the same music genre to inspire me and give me some ideas.



Looking at the above video, which is also by Michael Buble, has given me ideas on how to go about creating my video with both narrative and focus on the artist. After watching this I became certain that I was going to create my music video with complete focus on the artist singing; although I believe this is a harder way of doing it, I believe if it works it will be very effective. This video also shows many different characters in the video, however after watching this I wanedt to only have my artist in it, so now I am going to look at other videos which portray the same conventions as I wish to follow.




The above link is a video of a different artist . This artist is Alesha Dixon, from watching this video I got some good ideas and have decided that I wish to create my video in the same style, the way in which the main focus is on her (the artist) and follows her, making every lyric a statement and more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment